About Us - Our History and LIP
St. Peter's School was established in Unity in 1959 by a small group of parishioners who had a strong desire for Catholic education in our community. We began Sept. of 1959 with 143 students enrolled in grades 1-8 with five classrooms in operation, which grew to 3 more classrooms and 226 students! In 1972, the addition of a library, gymnasium and another classroom took place. Our school underwent an extensive reno in 1983 to create a larger resource centre, gym service area and office space, and 4 new classrooms. We are blessed to continue offering Catholic education to many students in the area and are grateful for the amazing support of our community, local Knights of Columbus and CWL for their prayers and financial donations over the years. We are also grateful to be so closely connected to St. Peter's Catholic church which is situated right next door to our school.